Sunday, November 8, 2009

Challenges and changes

Even when everything is going right, a balance must be maintained.
For every great day, there is a horrible one.
For every terrible occurence, there is an amazing one.

I feel extremely lucky at the moment; everything is pretty good right now (to say the least)
Yet challenges throw themselves in my path that remind me that even if I am on the right track, I'll get run over if I just sit there.
I can't settle for "good enough" or "better than those around me". It's a lot to expect, but I keep my expectations and my goals high. I always have.
I must achieve the best that I possibly can. Sometimes, it still won't be good enough.
Sometimes, I will exceed others' expectations yet not meet my own.

It's stressful, there's no doubt about that. Many times I find myself repeating "I don't know what I'm doing, I don't know what I'm doing..." But, I'm getting better at asking for help when I run face first into brick walls.
I'm so sure of what I want to do in the future that I occasionally forget what I'm doing now. This isn't a momentary challenge that I have to get through in order to get to where I want- this is my life as I make it. Every day, every moment, every second is a choice. I choose to be positive. I choose to take even the hardest challenges head on with a strong heart.

I've been told that I have an attitude; that I'm strong headed. Damn straight I am- I won't get pushed around by your bullshit, I know where I'm going. If you get in my way, I'll try to avoid you nicely, but I will get past you. I'm a peaceful person, but I'm steady in what I believe in. Above all else, I believe in myself. I have faith in what I can accomplish. I know I will make a difference.
I already am.

No comments:

Post a Comment