Monday, April 5, 2010

Elements of Self

I'm lost in the present
the moment between my future and past
searching, searching, searching
For a feeling that won't last

I hear the gentle wind
the soft whisper in my ear
it tells me to be light and carefree
to embrace courage in the face of fear

I smell the perfume of life;
the pungent scent of the earth
telling me to be solid and constant
to ignore others when discovering my worth

I taste the misty rain
the cold, bittersweet tang
reminding me to persevere;
to embrace my yin as well as yang

I feel the heat of the flames
The warmth that caresses my skin
pushing me to achieve my potential
to use my core, the strength within

I become silent, but I can't find my inspiration
I breathe the cold air, but I can't find my dedication
I taste the rain, but I can't find my determination
I stand near the fire, but I can't find my motivation

I look into myself
Searching for the light
which pushes me to love
and it all seems right.



(Originally written 6/2/2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment