Saturday, October 9, 2010

Pants.

I have a message for all the girls
Forgive me if I start to rant
But you really need to know
That leggings are not. Pants.

All I’m trying to say is
If I can see the details
Of your derriere
You might want to rethink
Your choice of what to wear.

I’m speaking from a perspective
Of not being a boy
And I’m well aware
That they enjoy
The way you walk by
Swinging your hips
To work what your momma gave you
But your momma didn’t teach you
How to dress
Just so you could walk out the door
All dolled up- but pantsless.

Unless you’re trying to attract attention
By showing what you’d look like
In some skimpy, shiny, slippery piece of spandex
Also known as panties from Victoria’s secret
Just so you know, I AM Victoria
And my secret
To encourage the infatuation
Is that I keep my assets covered
So to leave something up to the imagination

But if semi naked is the look you’re going for,
Why not just walk around in lingerie?
I’m sure the boys wouldn’t object to that
If you’ve got it, flaunt it
Or so they say.
Since when did all a girl have to show off
Become how low her shirt dips
Or how tight her jeans are?

Why do we, as women, walk around without pants?
Is it really that cutthroat in the female world that we’re now forced
To reduce the amount of clothes we put on?
If we’ve evolved to sexual attraction combat
My response is two words:
Fuck. That.

Who you are lies beneath the layers of cotton
And eyeliner
And mascara
And blush
And foundation
That you put on
In such a rush
To make sure that the face you present to the world
Is flaw free.
But it is in your flaws
That lies your beauty.

So, to the women, not the girls
I have a message
For you to own your identity
With pride
And take the glares and snide comments
All in stride
Because they will come
By the hundreds
To those who hold their heads high
And don’t feel the need
To be draped in lace
To feel sexy

So next time you hear the music
Where rappers bust out lines
About big booty bitches
And other testosterone induced chants
Remember that you are unforgettable
And in loving yourself
You can still turn heads and break necks
While wearing pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment