Monday, August 15, 2016

The inevitable goodbye

You 
were my first friend
and I
was yours

Which is saying a lot;
I don't get along well with strangers.
I tend to repulse people, it must be 
something with my charged personality

I always end up driving them away.

But you

You stayed.

You were the reason I began to understand things like
friendship and
loyalty and
faith and
connection.

You, who were all alone in this large and often unfriendly world
were so determined to be close to me that 
it was scary at first.

That determination
alongside your perseverance and desire for greatness
brought out the best in me-
I see that now.

Unfortunate doesn't begin to describe how I feel about
the need to leave you
but I'm glad that you see it is something I cannot deny
I will try to sum up all the love and gratitude that I have for you in a single goodbye
but I'm afraid it will come out the same
as it always does-

"Pika... Pika-Pi."

No comments:

Post a Comment