Sunday, May 31, 2009

Too much.

There's so much going on. Friendships being created and broken, nights to remember and nights to forget, families that have always been there and families that are new.
Texts, calls, letters, showing up at their door- it doesn't quite get the message across.
I can't convey how this feeling.
It's something that tries to come out every now and then, and I can only find myself at a loss for words.

It's like the first time the wind gets knocked out of you as a kid. That helpless, breathless, scary feeling that reminds you just how alive you are.
It's like seeing your parents after being away from home the first time. How you know you're home even though you're nowhere near your house; the return of that comfort and security.
It's like waking up after you move and forgetting where you are. The instant fear and panic which slowly ebbs away with the realization of your new home.

I can say what it is similar to, but the actual feeling is indescribable. It goes beyond simple letters and words and ideas to something purely human.
It may not even truly be.
But I think it is. I feel that it is. I know it is. (?)

No comments:

Post a Comment