Monday, August 24, 2009

Writer, Researcher, Dancer

Diversity is the spice of life.
I write, obviously.
If you've read this closely, you know that I also love science. I'm currently involved in a research project involving molecular genetics, but I'm going to a different project in the fall.
Another side of me that I haven't acknowledged in a long time is the dancer within my soul.
I hear music; I move. My feet draw patterns in the floor, they tell stories that words cannot.
The rhythm of the tinkling piano twines with my body to create some fusion that the eyes and mind cannot fully comprehend.

I danced ballet for 10 years, until I was 12.
I gave it up to do volleyball, but I missed the feeling of it in so many ways.
For the first time in a long time, I'm planning on dancing ballet again. Tights, leotard, and pink slippers- the whole thing. Minus the bun, though; my hair is too short for that now.
I miss the stage and the sensation of gliding across the floor... Hopefully I can regain some of the joy I once had and some of the strength, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment