Sunday, August 28, 2011

Honesty

My name is Victoria. I'm going to be honest.
I grew up raising rabbits and digging in the dirt for six legged surprises.
I have a weakness for really good mexican food and standing in the shower for an extra five minutes.
I have more curves that I know what to do with and I recently shaved the side of my head.
Sometimes, I think I can hear whispers from the tips of tree leaves and see into my past lives if I look into the horizon long enough.
my favorite color is purple, i usually wear japanese cherry blossom perfume
and if you ask me if your pants make you look fat- I'll probably give you an honest answer.
I'll avoid any insults but I'll suggest you might look better in a skirt.
I learned that truly being blunt is only really appreciated by stoners

although I've heard that honesty is the best policy
but I'm not a policy maker, I'm just a poet
I'm in the business of writing,
and I've been told that all I need to do is write one true sentence
But I’ve found that truth is in the eye of the beholder
And my eyes get distracted by all the beauty in this world
So I only get half truths
Partial pieces of pictures that I’m constantly flipping around
Making them look like they’re the right side up
Or the left side down
I never knew the difference between the two
so yes, I will write one true sentence
one true life sentence
I sentence myself to life unimprisoned, uninhibited,
finding freedom in the truths i discover

I'm going to be honest.
I love going running during thunderstorms
I have a certain fondness for the word shenanigans and my favorite bones are the phalanges
I love good milk chocolate and jasmine tea
I'm overly sarcastic, I hate when the bottom cuffs of my jeans get wet, and I'm about 5 foot 8 inches tall.
My tendency to be honest has gotten me into trouble more than once, but that doesn't mean that I'm about to stop.
I let my thought reel feed through my lips and project onto others
but the hardest person to be honest with
has always been
myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment