Sunday, March 6, 2011

Little Squishy Chimeras of Awesome

I always feel the need to write whenever I start studying.
Like there's a little switch in my mind that lets me ponder many things at one time, and it only turns on when I try to focus on just one thing.
Say- right now.
I have a final tomorrow (AND IT'S NOT EVEN FINALS WEEK YET WHAT IS THIS)
and I've already figured out that there are at LEAST 5 other things that would be so much more amazingly better than studying right now.
Liiiiiike writing.

But not even writing poetry. No, no. Writing a stream of consciousness that is just me rambling via my keyboard so that I am entertained by my procrastination.
If I could produce something worthwhile to read later (which has also been known to happen), I could very easily make and excuse for me to be doing this right now.
But this is just nonsense. That makes sense. (Haha- I can make puns)

I also can focus because there's been something bothering me for about a week now.
Just popping up in my head at random moments
When I'm driving
When I'm walking around campus to dubstep music and acting really epic
When I'm making a delicious quesadilla

I keep thinking about gummi bears.
Gummi bears? Gummy bears? (WHY IS THE LAST VOWEL INTERCHANGEABLE?!)
First of all, where did they come from?
Who came up with the brilliant idea that it would be a good idea to put some semi edible semi solid goo into a semi bear shape and then color it- ta da! candy!
(I know that I could just wikipedia this- but I much prefer being hypothetical)

but think about it. What's the deal with gummy bears???
They have an extremely strange consistency. They don't taste good when they're warm- trust me, I've tried. Even if you heat them up on purpose, something happens to the flavor that makes it seem like they've been sitting in a mini van in the sun for a few hours. Not just a regular car- a mini van.
and they SUCK when they're cold.
Ice cream? Delicious and full of sugary goodness.
gummy bears? Usually delicious and definitely full of sugary goodness.
Ice cream and gummy bears together? DEATH OF YOUR MOLAR TEETH.
The gummy bears no longer even taste good; they become these evil little technicolor rocks that you have to chew through or let them sit in your mouth for 2.37 minutes (rough estimate) until you can get back to eating your delicious ice cream.
Also, I just used a semicolon properly. I love semicolons so much; I could use them every day.
TWICE IN A ROW. GRAMMAR WIN.

Anyways, the thing that I don't understand the most about gummy bears (gummi bears? IS IT AN I OR A Y?!) is the fact that they have a strange counterpart- the gummy worm.
BUT gummy worms are MULTICOLORED.
Who decided that the worms get to be all cool and have ridges on them and have multiple colors/flavors?! (I'm still not convinced that color is directly correlated with flavor. Experimental results are still under analyzation.)
Why can't gummy bears also be little squishy chimeras of awesome?!
I have also just decided that I am now going to call gummy worms "little squishy chimeras of awesome".

But none of this helps with the fact that I should have been studying... but this has been infinitely more entertaining.

One final thought:
Why must it always be SO DAMN NICE OUTSIDE whenever finals roll around?
It's like mother nature just loves mocking college students
"haha, you usually have free time between classes so you could play outside and frolic in the sunshine but too bad it's been so gloomy recently. Oh, what's that? It's finals week? I'VE GOT A POCKET FULL OF SUNSHINE!!!!"
Well I'll tell you what you can do with that pocket full of sunshine, mother nature.....
YOU CAN USE IT TO MAKE ALL THE DAMN GUMMY BEARS EXPLODE SO THAT THEY WILL STOP DISTRACTING ME.

thank you.

1 comment:

  1. lol. I have the same problem. I always feel like drawing whenever I'm studying.

    ReplyDelete