Sunday, March 6, 2011

Something like that

I want to write something that sounds like an acoustic guitar.
Something that's soft and slow, with a simple rhythm behind it
that's played out onto your ears by my agile fingertips
so that the chords I play resonate with your heartstrings
as I pick out the melody that picks at your mind
asks you to stop and take a moment to think.

I want to write something that feels like a warm laptop on your legs.
A gradual gradient of warmth that's so soothing when it's gloomy outside
Something that reminds me of home; something that's an unexpected nice surprise
something that leaves a space that you notice once it's gone.

I want to write something that looks like a sunrise.
Something that you wait for, that you anticipate
knowing that the end result is just a bright sun that's shaped like a round of applause
but it's the colors that the clouds are streaked with
and the shapes that they take
that make the patience worth it.

I want to write something that sounds like a heavy bass line.
Something that surrounds you and resonates in your chest
something that makes you close your eyes and feel what it's like to be alive
To feel what it's like to be possessed by a beat other than your own heart
Something that makes you want to dance
because there's no other way left to express yourself.

I want to write something that looks a rainbow
you know what happened for it to form
but when it's in front of you, you stare at it for a moment
give it its time to shine
because you're not really sure
when it will disappear
or where it ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment