Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Dreams

This is for all the kids who ever stared out the window during class,
cause they were caught up in their fantasies.
who ever wondered when they would finally get their chance
their shining moment to burst into bloom
who ever thought that they were meant to be a part of something bigger than themselves
who ever got told that they couldn't achieve the goals they set
and chose not to listen.
for everyone who's been told that they can only reach their dreams
when they're sleeping

I've heard it, too
voices of disbelievers
full of "you can'ts" and "you won'ts" and "you'll never"
but I've been running towards my future for too long now to listen
but you'd tell me I've been sleep walking
and right now you'll have the audacity to tell me
that this poem is just me sleep talking
so you can jabber on and
continue your cheap squawking
but you might wanna stand back
because I'm going to keep rocking

with the badass attitude that I had to earn
from the lessons in life that I had to learn
on how to get a thicker skin
when people try to tear down what's hiding within
I've got this passionate fire
filled with my dreams and fueled by desire
can't be smothered by your disbelief
I'm not sure if you're jealous or if you've just got beef

Because I've heard it all from people like you before
the ones who can't face the challenges in front of them
so they try to save face
and say that they never really wanted it in the first place

but I know that their lies are based in fear of failing
seeing their ships sink instead of sailing
turning their tongues into daggers
cutting down anyone who has a hint of swagger
finding those who follows their heart
tearing their thoughts and egos apart


So to all you wish makers
don't listen to those who settle for less
they're all just fakers

to all the go getters
challenge anyone
who says they can do it better

and to the dream chasers
remember that we make mistakes
that's why we have erasers

and I hope you're catching onto my main theme
that really we're all on the same team
trying to make this world more than what it seems
trying to be the cream of the cream
with eyes that gleam and smiles that beam
we can join together to tear reality at the seams
and start living out our wildest dreams.

1 comment: